FAQs : Bed Rails
- Can the bed rail be used on bunk beds or toddler beds?
- No the bed rail cannot be used on toddler bed, bunk bed, water bed, or bed with inflatable mattress. Use only on adult bed with mattress and box spring.
- How can I clean my bed rail?
- Use a damp sponge and blot with mild soap and water solution. Allow to air dry.
Note: Do not attempt to remove mesh cover from frame.
- Are there any warranties for my bed rails?
- Dorel Juvenile Group warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal household use and service for 1 year following date of purchase for most products. This warranty shall not apply to damages arising from neglect, accidental damage, or commercial use of the product. This is a limited warranty. Liability for consequential property damage is expressly excluded. Proof of purchase is required. To make a claim under this warranty, you must contact Dorel Juvenile Group's Consumer Relations Department by emailing email@example.com, by faxing 1-800-207-8182, or by writing to the following address:
Dorel Juvenile Group
Consumer Relations Department
P.O. Box 2609
Columbus, IN 47202-2609
You may also contact the Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-544-1108 to speak to a Consumer Relations Representative. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST and 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST on Friday. Proof of purchase is required.
- How far up are the bed rails supposed to go on the actual mattress?
- The bed rails are approximately two inches above a standard crib mattress. The bed rails are designed to remind the child they are getting close to the edge and to roll back to the center of the bed.The bed rail should also be positioned at least 9 inches from the headboard and the footboard.
- What would cause the bed rail not to stay in place on my bed?
The bed rail may not stay in place if it is missing the rubber tips on the end of the arms or if you are using the bed rail without a mattress and box spring. The mattress should be a minimum of 5 inches thick to a maximum of 10 inches thick.
- When using a bed rail, does my bed need to have a box spring?
All Cosco and Safety 1st bed rails are designed to be used with a standard mattress and box spring. Never use the bed rail without a mattress or a box spring.