- Does the medicine spoon or grooming kit I purchased have Latex?
- No, Dorel Juvenile Group has not used Latex in any products manufactured after 1995.
- Where will the model number and manufacture date be located on the healthcare and grooming items?
This may vary due to the small size of some of these items. Some items will have the model number etched into the plastic on the back of the product and the manufacture date will be on the package. If an item is very small, such as baby scissors, the model number and manufacture date will be found on the package. If you need assistance determining what the number of your product is or if the model number and manufacture date are no longer readable, you may send us pictures of the front and back of the product and we will be happy to identify the item for you.
or mail them to:
Dorel Juvenile Group Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 2609
Columbus, IN 47201
- What is the warranty on small items such as medicine spoons, medicine syringes, baby scissors, brushes, clippers and the health care kits?
- The warranties on these small healthcare/grooming items vary. Warranties range from 90 days to 1 year from date of purchase with proof of purchase. The warranty will be in the instructions that came with the health care kits or on the package of single items. If you are unsure or no longer have the package or instructions, contact us at 800-544-1108 and one of our Consumer Relations Specialists will assist you. Please have the model number and manufacture date (if available) prior to contacting us so we may better assist you.
- Has my health care/grooming product ever been recalled?
Please click on the following website to access our Safety Notices section to see if your model number and manufacture date is involved in a recall.
- What kind of batteries do I need for my aspirator?
- The aspirator comes with 2 AA Alkaline batteries for you to get started with. When it is time for new batteries, the same kind should be used. Rechargeable AA batteries can be used. *Do not mix alkaline, standard or rechargeable batteries.* See the battery section in your instructions.
- Where can I get instructions for the nasal aspirator?
- If you need instructions, contact us at 800-544-1108 and one of our Consumer Relations Specialists will assist you. Please have the model number and manufacture date prior to contacting us so we may better assist you.
- Where is the model number and manufacture date for the nasal aspirator located?
- The model number is etched into the plastic on the outside of the battery cover. It is a 5 digit number. The manufacture date is located on the outside of the package your product came in.
- Where can I buy replacement disposable tips for the nasal aspirator?
You may order replacement disposable tips from the manufacturer if you cannot find them in the stores. The model number for the 4 pack of disposable tips is 49712. To order using your credit card (Mastercard or Visa only), you may contact our Consumer Relations Department at 800-544-1108. If you prefer you can mail in a money order and your order will be placed once it is received. We do not accept personal checks.
Dorel Juvenile Group
Consumer Relations Department
P.O. Box 2609
Columbus, IN 47202-2609
- Why will my humidifier not turn on, I have plugged it in?
- The problem could be that the water tank is not seated completely. Unplug the unit and reseat the tank.
- Why is the vapor mist output so minimal on my humidifier?
Some things to check if you feel the mist output is too minimal:
a. Check your unit to see if it is on the “low” setting.
b. Check the tank to ensure there is enough water to operate.
c. Check the mist outlets to ensure they have not become clogged.
- What are the variables that may keep my humidifier from operating for a full 12 hours?
The estimated run time of a humidifier is based on average room conditions and is dependent on numerous variables such as:
Air exchange in the room
Room construction where the humidifier is placed
Temperature of the room
Humidity levels in the room
Movement of occupants and the opening and closing of doors in the room
Home furnishings in the room
- How can I extend the run time of my humidifier?
Run your humidifier on the lowest setting so the water will not be dispersed as quickly. Fill the tank all the way full and place it on the base. Let water empty into the base until it stops bubbling, then refill and re-seat the tank again. This ensures maximum water capacity and will extend the run time.
- The tank of my humidifier has a film covering it, how do I remove it?
1. Be sure the unit is unplugged then remove the tank from the base.
2. Drain tank of any remaining water into a sink, rinse with vinegar and water only to thoroughly remove any sediment or dirt.
3. Wipe clean and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Do not place base under water.
Use only water in your unit; the manufacture does not recommend adding any treatment additives as this could affect the function of your unit.
If you live in an area that has a high concentration of minerals in the water the unit may need to be cleaned more frequently.
See the “Care and Maintenance” section of your instructions for daily and weekly maintenance. If you need instructions, contact us at 800-544- 1108 and one of our Consumer Relations Specialists will assist you. Please have the model number and manufacture date prior to contacting us so we may better assist you.
- At times I have found a powdery substance or water droplets on furniture and flooring around the humidifier, what is causing this?
The humidity level in the home before using the humidifier can contribute to this problem. The recommendation is to use the unit on the low setting unless the room is extremely dry. If the unit is used on the high setting in a room that has normal humidity, water droplets may accumulate on furniture and flooring near the unit.
Make sure the mist outlets are not directly facing the wall. Moisture could cause damage, particularly to wallpaper.
To prevent damage to surfaces, do not place humidifier under overhanging surfaces.
- Does my humidifier have a warranty?
Dorel Juvenile Group warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal household use and service for 1 year following date of purchase with original sales receipt for most products. Some of our products have extended warranties. This warranty shall not apply to damages arising from neglect, accidental damage, or commercial use of the product. This is a limited warranty. Liability for consequential property damage is expressly excluded. Proof of purchase is required. To make a claim under this warranty, you must contact Dorel Juvenile Group's Consumer Relations Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by faxing 1-800-207-8182, or by writing to the following address:
Dorel Juvenile Group
Consumer Relations Department
P.O. Box 2609 Columbus, IN 47202-2609
You may also contact the Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-544-1108 to speak to a Consumer Relations Representative. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST and 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST on Friday. Proof of purchase is required.